2006-02-10

Fridays, Mk II

Well, I've been here just over a month.

You know you're bored and lonely when the monthly Java Tech Tips newsletter is the highlight of your Friday evening.

Sigh.

Got to talk to my folks a bit, which was nice, but all in all it looks like another thrilling Friday night at home doing compiler design. I tried a couple social avenues at work today, but wound up getting semi-snubbed. (Semi- because a lot of the folks here are socially stunted, so I must be careful not to read into their actions.)

On the non-mopey front, work is going well. I got paid (yay!) and am doing taxes (boo!). clee came out today and toured the facilities; I'm trying to get him an interview, but he's got some other, faster prospects.

I sent a post on my tech blog about object-oriented language design to a local mailing list, and kicked off a minor flamewar. It provoked some good discussion in the end, though none of them seemed to want to comment on the actual blog entry. I'm going to have to write a demo to prove my point, I know it.

It's cold outside. I'm going to throw on a jacket and go find some food.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger b.i.t. said...

Thank you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home