2006-01-18

Mac, summer camp, apartments

I'm posting this from the PowerMac. I ordered a monitor from Dell (hiss!), but it actually seems quite nice.

Being from the South, my family uses some odd units of measurement. For example, the canonical unit of distance for car travel is the "pack." In traditional English fashion, packs are not evenly divided: a twelve-pack is twice as long as a six-pack, which is six times as long as a can.

For the execution time of computer processes, I use the "cup" unit. It's all SI, though fortunately I haven't found anything that takes a kilocup. Starting Eclipse for my Java development, for example, is usually a one-cup event: it takes long enough that I can get one cup of coffee.

Well, the PowerMac has it up in under 5 seconds. How will I get my coffee now? Curse you Apple!



Had lunch with some of the other new recruits yesterday. I figured out what this job feels like so far: summer camp.


Looking at apartments, in the hopes of getting out of this temp housing (which is about 10 miles from where I want to be). Found some nice places; I'll keep y'all updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home