2006-01-04

Everything in its right place

So, as I posted a few weeks back, I'm moving to Mountain View, California.

The relocation company assures me I don't have to pack. This is weird. I'm having trouble accepting this.

Just to spite them, I've packed two small boxes. HA! Granted, I did it because they don't really know how to pack an SMT soldering station, or the robots. But then, Google hired this company — maybe I'm underestimating them.

This past weekend, I was in MV, looking for apartments. Jeannette was in San Francisco visiting friends, but we managed to intersect for a couple days and go see some amusing stuff.

And now, my last week as an Arizona resident (for a while, at least). I have so many people from my past competing for my time that I'm having to schedule timeslots. I'm also having to prioritize, which breaks my heart, but my time is not infinite and I've still got a lot of stuff to get done. (Sorry, folks. You know I love you, and I'm sure I'll be back to visit soon.)

We're having a Cliff-is-leaving get-together tonight, just a casual affair at my place. If I've forgotten to tell you, don't take it personally: I've been so busy that I've relied on mailing lists and word of mouth to distribute the news. Feel free to drop by, though if I don't know you, I'll leave you on the porch. :-) Call if you need directions.

My stuff leaves Friday. I leave Saturday. Google starts Monday. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger b.i.t. said...

Yes. Accidentally intersecting for a couple of days was fun.

Good luck, as you requested. I'll miss you.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll really miss you. Cam, too. But, I know you'll be back.

Apparently, I can't RSS your blog even though my LJ is paid. Bleh.

-Sarah

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Cliff L. Biffle said...

Yeah, LJ wants me to pay also, so that I can 'syndicate' my RSS feed onto your friends page.

If you're using Firefox, you can fake a friends page by making a bookmark folder holding all the RSS feeds. It should notify you when they're updated. (I think. Safari does, anyway.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home