2005-12-06

Does the man who made the shoes own you, clown?

In another example of Fedex Standard Overnight taking a week, I have received the offer letter. (Hey, it's still better than the USPS, who lost a cell phone a few months back, causing me to owe T-Mobile $500. Hooray government-sanctioned monopolies.)

So, in case anyone was hanging in unnecessary suspense, I accepted the offer. I'm currently planning to start on 9 January, but we'll see what schedule the relocation folks give me. They have told me that my temp housing will not be available until right before I start, so the schedule I gave previously is right out.


In related news, MSNBCOMGLOL is running an article by Google's CEO entitled Ten Golden Rules. It outlines their philosophy for managing "knowledge workers" (that is, folks like myself). I found myself vigorously agreeing, which is particularly cool this time, since I'm going to work for them.

Also, the scientific community has finally caught on to the fact that colorblindness can be an evolutionary advantage. I'm amazed that they're amazed; every other common human gene confers some advantage in some situation, even if (as with cystic fibrosis or sickle-cell anemia) it can be debilitating in others.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only one response to this post.

http://tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=559

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I work at DHL (for another 28 days)I must say give it a shot but I offer no promises!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home