2006-01-15

Couple neat photos I'd forgotten to post

Woke up Saturday to find it cold, gloomy, and rainy. Which is good.

(As always, click any photo to see it bigger.)

For some reason, we got a rainbow before the rain, and I woke up just in time:
Rainbow over Santa Clara

And later that morning, I noticed an odd phenomenon in my coffee cup. Any time I let my coffee sit, it left a ring on the cup (due to the creamer, I suspect). This left me with a record of my drinking pattern.

Like rings on a tree.

...well, I was amused.

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger b.i.t. said...

Aww, purty. I imagine you'll see rainbows like that often because, well, there's RAIN there. A fact which I am currently quite envious of. And you'll probably see coffee cups like that fairly often, too. *grin*

And now blogger asks me to spell "ikydix!" EWW! WE HATES IKYDIX! Seriously, I think at least a portion of these have got to be jokes.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rainbows frequently show up before rain. You know what they are, of course, is the sun doing prism-things to water droplets in the air, so a rainbow can appear any time there is enough water in the air to create it. . .usually before, during, or after rain.

Ah, what a childhood in the rainy Norhtheast teaches you.

-cat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home