2006-02-07

Music and such

So about six months ago, I picked up an album by Jim White, the lengthily-named "Drill a hole in this substrate and tell me what you see."

It's excellent. The music is good, and the guy's a very sharp lyricist. The mood is vaguely Tom-Waits-ish, albeit less weird. Check it out.


As quoted in numerous articles today, Verizon wants to end "Google's free lunch" by charging Google and others to send data. I dunno about you, but I thought I already paid for my data when I paid for my internet access.

Of course, some of my friends have taken it literally, and have been asking if Verizon is trying to take out the Google Café on campus. I suggested we mail them some takeout and see if they'll shut up. :-)


More California weirdness: nearly everything has a warning label here, of the form

This [product/establishment/chicken] may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause [cancer / birth defects / sleepiness / warts / social inadequacy ].


Needless to say, I want a shirt. "Warning: this shirt may contain chemicals..."

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressed by a geek who can actually make me laugh--intentionally. Don't be offended I'm a math/science geek, too, and can prove it because I actually get the jokes on Big Bang. Saw a couple of your quotes on a friend's page and thought I'd see for myself. Thanks for sharing yourself--gayle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home