2005-11-06

Human textual behavior

As noted on my old blog, I was asked to submit comments on a prepublication copy of Java Concurrency in Practice.

Every Java programmer should own a copy of this book. It's that important. I'm pretty familiar with the inner workings of the virtual machine and its memory model, but I'm still learning a lot from this marvelous book.

The book also states, clearly and simply, principles that I've had to derive by hand over the past fifteen years or so.

If you clicked on the link, you'll note that the book's not yet available, because we haven't finished polishing it. I just submitted my first batch of comments. Now, those of you who've seen me loosed on another's writing know what the authors are in for here. My standards are high. (Though, before I get the snide comments, I don't enforce them on my own blogging.)

Fortunately, the authors dug it:
Truly excellent comments. I will tell the editor to push back the pub date some more :) Keep 'em coming!

Material wealth and fame will be yours for this endeavor. (OK, a free book and a mention therein.) And my undying gratitude. And all the beer you can drink next I see you.


*beams*

The ironic thing here? I still have to argue with marketing at work about where the commas go, in addition to things like verb number agreement. I'm a programmer, after all, and obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Perhaps I should point this out to them. :-)

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger b.i.t. said...

Whee! Congrats, honey. You got your mention! And beer!

You are super, and I'm so glad everyone else is noticing. :)

(And thanks for linking to me...)

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Cliff L. Biffle said...

Yeah, because I drink so much beer. I need to do more work for people that offer shisha.

At least one of the luminaries I'm talking to is from Israel; he seems a likely candidate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home